Monday, June 30, 2014

Scarf scarf scarf scarf hehehhehehehe! o(>< )o o( ><)o

I made a scarf for my big sister *O*

I made it out of Lion Brand Amazing Yarn Strawberry Fields! It's such a nice yarn color! ♥♥


These are bookmark corners and they're so cute and I made them with my club at school to give out to the elementary school we read for! I love the Pokemon Eevee evolutions! ヾ(●゚(I)゚●)ノ


The pattern for the scarf:
1. Cast on however many stitches you wish (I believe I did 36).
2. Right side: Pick up the first stitch as if to purl, alternate knit and purl stitch until the last stitch which you pick up as if to purl.
3. Wrong side: Knit the first stitch through the back, alternate purl and knit stitches (this will knit on the back of knit stitches and purl on the back of the purls) and then knit the back stitch as normal.
4. Repeat these until the scarf is long enough and bind off.
If you do an odd number of stitches you can alternative knit and purl stitches instead of purl and knit stitches (on step 3).
The picking up via purling, and knitting through the back of the first stitch and normally the last stitch cause a lovely edge that looks like a chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment