Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Lovely Gift for My Lovely Friend!

My friend wanted to have a knitted head scarf with a bow but I figured what to do! I'll knit one for her!

It was pretty simple looking up a pattern for it and I learned a new technique! If you turn the line before it's over then it'll curve around the head naturally!

I did it a little differently from the pattern by not adding the band in the middle of the bow. I think that emphasizes the crease of the bows!




The pattern for the headband is:

CO 80 stitches (cable cast on if you have a loose gauge like me)
Work in a 1x1 rib for 4 rows
Row 5: knit
Row 6: purl until 5 stitches remain, turn
Row 7: knit until 5 stitches remain, turn
Row 8: purl until 7 stitches remain, turn
Row 9: knit until 7 stitches remain, turn
Row 10: purl until 9 stitches remain, turn
Row 11: knit until 9 stitches remain, turn
Row 12: purl until 11 stitches remain, turn
Row 13: Knit until 11 stitches remain, turn
Row 14: Purl until 9 stitches remain, turn
Row 15: knit until 9 stitches remain, turn
Row 16: purl until 7 stitches remain, turn
Row 17: knit until 7 stitches remain, turn
Row 18: purl until 5 stitches remain, turn
Row 19: knit until 5 stitches remain, turn
Row 20: purl to end
Row 21: knit to end
Work in a 1x1 rib for 4 rows
Bind off loosely
Mattress stitch sides together

No comments:

Post a Comment